Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Oh My God

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 17 April 2008 | Views [795] | Comments [6]

Well, Since I arrived back at Jessievale for the next stint of work, I have been soooo busy - In the last couple of weeks we have mustered, ridden & fallen off bikes and horses and branded about a million calves.  I have also written on the wall of the quarters with the cool chick Annabelle (she told me to write that)  Shae is awesome, heroic, pretty cool and I do look up to her (she also told me to write that!!) 

Honestly though I have been working really hard hence the delay in updating on here - too tired at night to even open my beer sometimes.  Had a couple of nights at the pub to catch up with everyone, and had a few beers there too.

Not much happening really although it hasn't raind and things here are pretty bad at the moment.  We are having to sell lots of cattle as there is no feed for them so thats not good.  It's coming into the dry season soon, so we really are hoping to get a little rain before then.  Please sond some !!

Thats all for now - just a quick one to let you all know I'm still here and happy.  Hopefully will have some exciting news soon - can't say too much right now, but keep checking ...

Ed

xx

ps Ross (don't know if I've mentioned him before (he also works at Jessievale) adn me are being encouraged to have two alcahol free nights per week by Annabelle.  She doesn't realise how hard we work and how much we count down to beer o'clock each day, sometimes from 5 in the morning !!  I'll let you know how we go.

Comments

1

Hi Eddy
Great to hear from you again and to hear that all is just about well! Every thing is OK with us too.
Shirley and Charles have been busy filling water tankers for you as we have but ours has sprung a leak so we are loosing it faster than we can save it! However if we can get water out to Oz we will as we are really fed up of it and the cold north winds which we have at the moment. What a difference a lattitude makes!
We are going over to Tockwith tomorrow and really looking forward to seeing Andy & Ms and the photographs.
We had a day out on the east coast above Skegness on Wednesday. The coast line is not very inspiring but we did pass through some very interesting countryside on the way down and as usual we enjoyed the day.
Good news about EmmaJ & Simon eh? They are busy planning a celebration meal in June so we will look forward to that very much.
We are all intrigued with your exciting surprise news and so hope you will not keep us in suspense for too long.
Mary is OK - just on a course of antibiotics at the moment for a leg infection but otherwise fine.
Chris and Jenny are Grand parents! Roger and Rebecca had little George Vincent just about a week ago and all is well there so that is good news.
Sorry to hear you keep falling off the horse and the bike. Do take care Eddy. Hope you are taking Annabelles sound advice and managing at least two alchohol free nights per week!
Anyway thats about all for now. Hope to hear from you soon.
Lots of love Mum & Dad xxxxx

  Mum & Dad Apr 20, 2008 3:52 AM

2

Hi Eddy
Into the last week of April already and my how the time flies. Do hope all is well in Jessievale and that you have had some much needed rain. All is well here.
We had a lovely day with Andy and Ms and a super meal. We saw all Andys photographs of Australia so that was really good. I think as I write this Ms will be on her way to Leeds/Bradford airport with Hannah. They are off to Spain for 5/6 days to relax in the sunshine which will be really nice for them.
We had a very pleasant afternoon and evening yesterday. Donald came for a meal and we had a lovely time catching up with all the news. He is keeping well and goes out and about alot which is good. He sends his regards to you and was interested to hear all about you.
Last Wednesday we went up to Richmond and enjoyed a nice walk up on the moors. The countryside looks smashing at the moment, everything is so fresh and green, not the sort of thing you see in Australia!
We hope all is well with you and that you are managing to stick to your alcohol free days!
We saw Tim the other day and he seems to be fine, was hoping to get onto Broadband and the internet so he can keep track of you on the Blog.
Take good care Eddy and we hope to hear from you soon.
LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Apr 27, 2008 8:25 PM

3

A name from your Bradford past, Eduardo!!

We-ve just got back from 3 weeks in WA (Freo, Perth & Marg River - think you were on the "other side" at the time!!
Still trying to work out Aussie Rules...had plenty of beer (Little Creatures - ever tried that one from Freo) and dodged lots of roos.
Good things about Oz - beer, sport, beer, sun, beer, wildlife - just the general buzz!
Bad things - Harvey Norman adverts, the strange bloke on 7 news in Perth, stupid flip flops (or should I say thongs) and no decent coverage of Wrexham's doomed fight against relegation.....
good to see you are well - who is Mel by the way - I could only think of Smith, Sterland or the little bloke off It Ain't Half Hot Mum - unless you've met up with a Spice Girl.

All the best, mate

Martin

  Martin Lyons Apr 30, 2008 4:44 AM

4

Eddy
How are you keeping, you have certainly got back into work after your holiday with Andy and Mel. Saw Andrews pictures last week, they were excellent, on a disc to music.
You certainly covered some miles, hard to visualise the milegage compared to England.
We have rain yet again for another Bank holiday so we can certainly let you have some !

We are going over to Sue and Philips on Bank holiday Monday we are really looking forward to seeing them both and spending the day in Halifax. We will just hope that the weather stays fine for us.
Going for a swim in the med soon, so we are looking forward to some sun and warmth and hopefully a bit of colour.

We will watch with interest as to what your exciting news is, are you opening up a new branch of HSBC !

Take Care

Charles and Shirley

  charles and Shirley May 4, 2008 9:40 PM

5

Hi Eddy
Mary Shirley & Charles are here at the moment and we have enjoyed a good day together. We have an envelope here for you from Mary which says to Edward with all my best wishes for you to have a lovely birthday. Wonder what that is all about! hope all is well. Will log in later. Take good care
Lots of love Mum Dad Shirley Charles & Mary XXXX

  mum & Dad May 6, 2008 5:59 AM

6

Hi Eddy
We have had a week of lovely weather and have spent most of the time outdoors enjoying it and even having our meals outside which has been great. Phil has started painting the outside of the house thereby taking advantage of the warm sunshine. Wanda is spending more time outside now and actually slept out last night for the first time in ages!
Last Wednesday we went out to Lytham and enjoyed the sunshine out there. Then in thhe evening we went to watch the local dramatic society in an Alan Bennett production. It finished around 10pm and so we were rather late home!
Tomorrow Mary is treating us to a meal out and we are going to the Dog and Gun at Oxenhope so looking forward to that.
Shirley & Charles are off to Spain tomorrow for a couple of weeks so do hope they have an enjoyable relaxing time. Tiger has gone into a cattery for the first time so we will see how she goes on there.
Do hope all is well with you and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Take good care.
LOL Mum & Dad xxx
On Wednesday we drove out to Lytham

  Mum & Dad May 10, 2008 4:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.