Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner..

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 28 April 2010 | Views [542] | Comments [2]

I farwelled Bookworm at Istanbul airport. It has been a challenging holiday physically, but we've survived and thrived. She will have her own stories. She should be back in Oz as I write.

The flight to London was full of Aussies who'd been at Gallipoli and there were many ANZAC t-shirts and Aussie flag hats and constant talk about Gallipoli and the different tours.

I'm in London now with Luke and Kerstin and it seems like only yesterday that I was last here. A quiet few days. Lovely to sleep in and do washing and only to have to walk to the coffee shop with my paper. There'll be catching up with English friends, theatre and who knows what else. When I got here, Luke was wearing his 2000 JT Jersey. Just to remind me, although he says it was accidental.

I'll add to this as time goes on.

Comments

1

Not to be outdone, drama on the Instanbul to Dubai flight. Late leaving Instanbul and on arrival in Dubai, Syndey connecting passengers were herded into a lane and had to run to catch the flight. Time made up and we arrived in Sydney on time. Family waiting and we partied until the small hours. A funfilled, memorable trip with a bag full of stories. Thanks Brownowl.

  Bookworm Apr 30, 2010 10:10 AM

2

Hi Bookworm. You didn't have Marat guiding you to Dubai by any chance? Glad you are home safely now. Apparently the morning tour of Istanbul was also a shambles and didn't get back till 3.30pm. Some were on my plane and there was a bit of panic but a lot had taken their bags on the bus and demanded them at the Spice Bazaar and just left to make their own way to the airport.

Today I'm going to the British Museum to see an exhibition of Renaissance drawings - including Michelangelo, Leonardo and the other Ninja Turtles. See you soon.

  copperowl Apr 30, 2010 6:17 PM

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.