Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

The Big Black Cloud

ITALY | Sunday, 18 April 2010 | Views [526]

And Pele, the Goddess of Fire was angry. And she spewed forth her wrath in fire and ash and the big silver birds refused to fly. The Northmen were afraid, for this surely was a bad omen. They gathered together in their large caves called Aero-portos which were truly doors to the sky. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. But the people of Middle Earth who were called Medi-terra-neans laughed and sang and continued to enjoy the fruits of the vine. For their birds stayed with them and life was good. And for us, with them.

Which is to say that we have had no trouble with our travel and flew from Athens to Rome with no problem. When we got to Rome we had to queue to exchange our shuttle bus vouchers for shuttle bus tickets (no I don't know why either). Most of the queue were people trying to get accommodation because they couldn't fly out. That's when we discovered that 6 places ahead of us on this queue was Sue Young! They had exchanged their flights to London for train travel and needed some extra accommodation. Which goes to prove how small the world really is!

We are staying in the old part of Rome and I think our hotel is one of Nero's originals. Every time we have a shower we have to build a new ark. (Sorry,Italian keyboards dont seem to have an apostrophe. Later: In London now so I've put them back in)

We fly to Istanbul on Friday and this doesn't seem to be a problem either. Hopefully it will be all over by the time I want to get to London on 26th.

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.