Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

Thai Wedding

THAILAND | Monday, 22 January 2007 | Views [244]

 Where do I start?   We got to Rocky Point Resort which is right on the water. It’s a beautiful setting – everything has carved wood and tropical plants. We sat sipping drinks at the bar, then inside in front of a (man-made) waterfall. Even the “ladies” was beautiful. The walls were bamboo, the sinks were green bowls that sat on top of the marble bench. On the wall was a carved wood vase full of Singapore orchids. Just stunning! I decided while I was in there to redecorate my house – this might require a Lotto win, but I’m game if the Universe is game…

 Then we moved to a pavilion set up for the wedding. A thatched-roof wooden hut on the sand. The path there was lined with flowers and a flower covered arch at the end of the path. The wedding party was preceded by a brightly dressed Thai band, banging drums and making noise to frighten way the spirits, and a group of brightly dressed Thai dancers. The bride looked gorgeous. Her dress was simple, halter necked. She had frangipanis and white butterflies in her hair. The bridesmaids  wore long dresses of turquoise – halter necked tops and a skirt which had a sheer overlay which was embroidered with darker turquoise flowers. They all carried bouquets of Singapore orchids.  Everyone (including the guests) was barefoot.

 After the ceremony there were photos taken on the beach and the rocks. While this was happening we were given glasses of champagne, and Thai dancers and the band entertained us.

The reception was held upstairs. Seafood appetizers, followed by cold soup (spicy tomato). Then sorbet to cleanse the palate. The main course was a buffet of Thai food. Then a sojourn down to the beach for a private fireworks show. Then back upstairs for coffee and dessert – and all lubricated with pina colada cocktails.  We left about 12.30am – back to the hotel in a mini-bus. The young ones all went onto somewhere else. But I couldn’t sleep, I just looked at the photos and relived it all. Unfortunately my camera’s battery died before the reception, so I’ll have to get some copies from others.

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.