Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

The Party Plane/Bus

CYPRUS | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [1025]

The week of September 3rd family anf friends started arriving in Israel.  On Monday: My Family, Izhar, Vanessa  /  On Wednesday: Michelle & Gerry  /  On Friday:  Federico  /  On Sat morning:  Andrea, Cleston

My parents and sister we picked up on the Monday at the airport.  We arrived to see them just exiting the gates.  Was great to see them after SO long of being away.  It was especially great to see my sister.  I have missed her so much!  SHe really is the sweetest girl I know.

We spent the day catching up, seeing the dresses we are all wearing for the wedding, exchanging gifts.  On Tuesday we took a day trip to Jeruselum.  We saw the Holocost Centre and the Wailing Wall, the Church where Jesus was buried, crucified etc.

Shelly and Gez arrived on Wednesday at crazy o'clock am.  We caught up and played with her dress on what jewellry she would wear.  Then we got to cracking on sewing the swaroski crystals on the dress - the pink ones of course!  We worked on this all day until the sun went down.  It took me awhile to get used to the sewing - since I have no clue, but I got the hang of it as the sun set!

Thursday - we sewed all day again like crazy.  Even Gez got down and did some beads until Briel saved him!  We finished just as it was time to go to the Wedding Pizza Party!  Here our many of our families, and friends finally got to meet for the first time.  It was a fun relaxed atmosphere and was good so that people could get to start learning names...

Friday we picked up FED - although I thought his flight arrived at 5pm and at 3 I realised it was at 3.25pm he landed.  Ooppsss.....

Saturday morning - Was a crazy entry to the airport - Briel talked to security for all of us - so wen thru pretty quick.  We were 20 of us - so it was a bit crazy!

When we got in - I met up with Andrea - where there was tones of screams of happiness!  Then Cleston joined and we were thrown around and screamed like crazy.  It was a party in the waiting terminal!

The bus ride in Cyprus was fun - where Briel's nephew made a cute impression on everyone!  He loved being the centre of attention.  It was a party on the bus until we were all exhausted and fell asleep with drool hanging off our lips!

In Paphos we split up briefly to them find Pere and Rene!  What a nice reunion that was.  We accidentally bumped into him on the street!  Gina joined us that night after a hellish time.  Glad she made it!

It was great to see people again, everyone was so happy, excited and the meeting was fun for the new people.  That night we caught up, laughed and everyone met.  It was a crazy start to the 4 day wedding!

Tags: Party time

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cyprus

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.