Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

My home.. Sydney..Australia

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 4 April 2009 | Views [1369]

We arrived home in mid January.  Not without our dramas though at the airport.  Interestingly we have had little dramas at airports over the past long long trip.  LUCKY US!  However it was not so lucky this time around.

We were leaving for Australia from Germany-Munich. Via London and somewhere in asia.  However due to nutty weather in London, our connecting flight to London was NOT even departing.  So after hours and hours of dramas (where we go, where we sleep, where we eat, our bags....), we were re-routed thru to HONG KONG, then to Sydney.  Amaazingly, after about a 10 hours delay, we only arrived 1 hours later than scheduled.  hmm.... even our bags made it!  YEAH!

Coming home was an interesting feeling.  It was really different than coming back for a short trip.  We were coming back for a LONG stay.  We didn't focus now on sites to see or places to go.  Only on the job hunt and the house hunt.

We had a traumatic few weeks.  The financial crisis meant that jobs were hard to come by and the pay was much lower than we were used to.  Plus renting was tough too, since now no one had money to buy homes.  Now the rental market was a line of about 30 other applications for the one crappy apartment.

Although we thought we were ready for 'real life' again.  Just a few days of working and we realized just how much I miss the road and travelling thru the world in search of a new adventure and a great new site to see.

I know I can't go back.  I also know that I can't do it all again.  However at least in those moments of quiet where work is depressing i can think back of some of the places I have experienced and my eyes brighten up again.  My heart is filled with joy and I realise just how lucky I am to have had the chance to travel for so long and to so many places.

It is those moments now that I will treasure forever.  I still need to watch all my video, look thru all my photos.  I somehow always don't have the time.  But I think that really I don't want to admit that I can't be in those places again.  At least not for a long long while anyway.

All I can say is this.  Dare to dream.  My dream was to travel.  To experience life other than what was my reality.  I guess I loved it because I was in search for something that I was missing in my life.  For a brief moment I had it.  I experienced my dream.  I made it my reality, even if it didn't last so very long.  Yes I must say that travelling for the last 18 months it went by so quickly.  Much too quickly.

So now I look to adventures at home in Sydney.  This is an amazing place.  The only problem with it is that now I know I am no longer on vacation.  Still it is an adventure.  Even though it is a different one.

Ciao for now.

Tags: home, sydney

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.