Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Ciao India...

INDIA | Thursday, 28 August 2008 | Views [787]

After the Taj we took a local bus to Delhi for 117rup each. You can train it or take an airco bus also. This was about 5hr ride which seems to drop you off in the mid of nowhere but just walk and you will see the train station and tour places.

On the spot we decided to go to the airport even though our flight was not for a few days (200rup by auto rickshaw). On arriving we called AA and were SO happy when we changed our flight to the same night. We have never been happier to leave a cowntry.

I didn't stay long in India. Not enough really to get to know more or to see more. In retrospect I know our experiences will differ from many others who have fallen in love with India. We all find diff places, people etc.. For me it's beauty was overshadowed by the garbage, smells, dirt and overcrowded population. It was amazing to wash our clothes to see so much dirt leave.

My own limited experience cannot be a guide, but it doesn't change what I did feel and think. What I saw was not for me. I didn't connect overall with the culture. Our time was not all bad, I enjoyed the temples, food, history - but it hurt me to see so much desperation and suffering. The people are not bad, just desperate to live. It is hard living for most.

We have travelled to many countries, this was hardest to ajust to. You need to give it time - more than us. It felt bad that we could not ajust. We have never had that feeling, even in places we went to for shorter time. Oh well...

I hope others have a better experience.

Ciao for now..

Tags: india

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.