Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Day 8 - Poon Hill - Himalayas!

NEPAL | Tuesday, 29 July 2008 | Views [2025]

The alarm went off bright and early.  We looked outside and it was all fog and we could only see about 5m away!  errr  BUT we got up anyway to trek up the hill since - maybe it will change.

As we were getting ready, we got into a frenzy!  As the minutes passed by the fog was clearing.  By the time we were down about to start the walk there was some views of the mountains already...!!!

Excited Briel and I were nearly running up the hill... the last time I tried this was back in Italy with Mt Vesuvius and it was SO much worse to run up this hill.... well it was 3 times higher in altitude standing at over 3000m !  AUGH!  So of course we would start to sprint up, then stop huffing and puffing holding our chests for dear life. 

When we reached the top though it was glorious.  I think the best views we have ever seen in our life.  We could see so far and as the sun rose into the air we just couldn't stop smiling.  Oh and taking about 800 pictures!

The skies became clearer and clearer while we were up there for 3 hours.  Of then that meant more photos as now the mountain range does look different.  hahaha

All the locals said we were so lucky - these kind of views are not normal in this season.  We are indeed fortunate.  Words cannot decribe how wonderful it was to be up there.  Seeing mountains that reach over 6000m high.  Suddenly again you realise that we are just small players in the world - in the universe really.

Some of the mountains were Annapurna 1-4, FishTail(Machepuche or something like that) - this was the favorite and it really was special - it supposed to look much like Everest.

We wanted to go again the next morning - but just like every other day this season there was not a view to be seen.

Lucky we were indeed.

Ciao for now!  :)

Tags: fightail, himalayas, poon hill

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.