Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Day 7 - Ghorepani

NEPAL | Monday, 28 July 2008 | Views [938]

We were woken up by Laxman (our guide) that we needed to go outside.  s our eyes opened sleepily we soon got a sudden rush of excitement when we saw that we could see some nice views.

It was no all clear, but we could see some of the snowtop mountains in the distance.  We could see the sun rising and we couldn't help but have energy.

So after a delicious breaky we headed off for the 4-5 hour trek to Ghorepani.  As we trekked we got some more nice views along the way.  There was some nice leeches but fewer and far between the others now - so it was a pretty relaxing walk.

There was some great jungle areas we trekked thru with cute waterfalls and the usual array of animals walking the tracks.  Today I was delighted that I kep seeing so many Ladybugs!  They were so pretty against the dark green leaves and they would be in clumps of 3-5 of them.

Ghorepani is not a real village.  It is a teahouse major area which means that mostly it is just different hostels for the travellers.  It is not a functioning town really.  They built it for the closeness to 'Poon Hill'.  This little hill stands at over 3000m and is popular for the gorgeous panoramic views of the Himalayas. 

The locals were warning us though that for the last 2 months there has been little to no views - since it is monsoon season.  :(  bummer.... but maybe we will have some luck..?

So we will sleep early to wake up t 5am to climb up the hill...

Ciao for now!

Tags: ghorepani, nepal, poon hill, trek

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.