Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Nepal Trek Day 1

NEPAL | Tuesday, 22 July 2008 | Views [1230] | Comments [1]

Our decision in the end was to complete the Jomsom trek.  Which is a 12 day trek thru the lower Mustang region.  Here you get to climb moutains as high as 5000m plus.  It would have been wonderful and hard.

I say would have been since when we tried to take the flight fom Pokhara to Jomson - it was cancelled due to bad weather.  We then found out that the flights had been cancelled for the last 8 days prior.  This being Moonson season it is not unheard of.

So instead of trying again 'tomorrow'  we decided to change the trek totally.  We would do a trek thru the Annapurna range part of the Himalayas - ABC --> Annapurna Base Camp was one major destination point along with Goreapani.

The trekking place we booked with were fantastic with the changes.  Completely refunding the cost of the plane tickets and being so flexible on route changes.  "Alliance Treks"  are magnificant and honest.  The only thing they don't have under control is the weather!

So we headed off by taxi to Phedi - a tiny town where our trek was to begin.  We trekked for about 3 hours only having wasted half a day waiting for planes and other such mistakes.  Our first night stay was in Potana.  A cute place where I had a glacier shower - it wa FREEZING!!!

Note:  They do offer hot showers, but since the hot showers are dependant on the solar heating, often it just is not available!

haha... Ciao for now.

Tags: nepal, trek

Comments

1

sounds like the showers at fitness first in sydney They're always busted LOL

  shelley Aug 15, 2008 8:36 AM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.