Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Phuket-Bangkok-Chiang Mai by bus

THAILAND | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [6871] | Comments [4]

There is a main bus terminal from Phuket town to Bangkok.  Although Phuket is an island - there is a bridge that connects them to the mainland. 

The bus ride is 12 hours.  Price is dependant on time of day you travel and ofcourse if you travel normal or VIP.  THe most expensive is to travel overnight costing 720 baht (15 EUR) per person for the normal service.  Includes air-co, fairly decent reclining seats, tv (in THAI), dinner, snacks, bottled water, juice, coffee, blankets.  Excellent really.  The VIP bus is 1200 baht and has better food, wider seasts, more incline. 

The bus runs all day long and you don't need to pre-book.  The longest you will wait is 45 min as there are many bus companies and it ends up that there is a bus every 30 min.

However from the Israeli travel agent in Bangkok tickets cost only 450 baht to get to Phuket.  You can also get a return ticket.  So that is cheaper but I don't have any clue about the service.

The bus to Chiang Mai from Bangkok also at the Israeli travel agents is 250 baht per person.  Will let you know how good the service is!  Bus is at 18:00 daily.

THe Israeli travel place is great - has a resturant with western food (which after more than a month here we needed!), cheap ways to get to other destinations, free internet, great bathrooms, postal services, luggage storage.  This is on the street just off Koh San road.

Anyway Ciao for now!

Tags: bangkok, bus, chiang mai, phuket

Comments

1

I have been travelling between Chiang Mai and Bangkok by train and bus a few times, but now I never travel by bus only by train, as they have sleeper and I can sleep well in the train, whereas I can hardly sleep in the bus.The price is around 500 baht for sleepers between Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

  Chiang Mai by Train Jun 22, 2008 3:13 PM

2

Does the vip Phuket bus stop at Hua hin for Chiang Mai? I want to leave from Hua Hin on Wednesday evening. Is it a direct trip without changing buses at Bangkok?<br>Thanks

  silverlady Jul 10, 2008 10:06 PM

3

Dear,
me and my friend are planing to travel bangok from 23aug to 30 aug and honestly we have got no clue what to do and how to plan the itenary like where to stay and how to manage the visit to different place. it will be really helpful of u if you can suggest me some gud place to stay (budget hotel) and how to plan my itenary.
thanks
waitin for your reply...

  kishore Jul 14, 2008 3:07 PM

4

I want to visit Bangkok want to see Pattaya. Is it possible to see Pattya and come back in same day?

What is better option to reach Lamphun provice train or bus. Kindly let me know/

  Sanjeev Bhargava Feb 6, 2009 8:54 PM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.