Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Dunedin!!!!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 14 April 2008 | Views [731]

Of course we didn't arrive in this town the same night we headed out.  We stayed in tiny town where we rented some more DVDs for the evening and then dropped them off early the next day.  We did make it to Dunedin by the next day though.

This town is a university town.  We fell in love with this town.  How could we not, it had Speights brewery, Cadbury Chocolate tour plus we even went and checked out some criminal trials as we thought it would be fun - it was haha.

THe Cadbury tour was great in that we got a bit of chocolates to eat YUMMY.  However they didn't show us too much of the factory itself even though it was still working.  Err was short but okay only.

The Speights tour in the evening was GREAT.  We learned heaps of history of the town and a lot about the making of good beer!  The best was at the end you get 10 minutes to pour from the tap your own beers - as many as you want.  They claim 30 min but it is only 10.  I was able to get down 4 beers, Briel 5 - he's getting good indeed!

The town had resturants, parks, etc etc.  Was nice but we loved it cuz we met some great people who sweetly enough let us into their hostel to have the needed shower!  Which had been overdue by about 5 days!  Err stinky!

We spent our nights the usual eating great dinners in our camper and dvds.  We also had a great night of beers with our friends with home cooked burgers!  YUMMY.

Ciao for now. 

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.