Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Gargante Del Diablo-Devil´s Gorge

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [1105]

Upon arrival to Argentina side, we looked immediately for the public bus(8 pesos return) and set off to the Argentina side of the National Park. Took about 30min on the bus, is every 20 minutes and easy to catch from the main bus terminal in Puerto Iguazu. The Argentina side costs 40 pesos each (about 10 Euros) entrance fee.

Right away Briel and I treked down the Lower Trail as we really wanted to do the boat cruise (60 pesos each). The walk took about 45min at a nice tempo. The trek was pretty organised as it was all paved and easily marked. It was more like a nice walk.

We jumped in the speed boat which the ride was supposed to be for 20min. However 15 minutes was wasted on everyone having the pro photos done by the crew since they had the waterproof equipment. err.  After this they sped off with some fast turns making the kids scream, but after spending so much time on speed boats Briel and I just smiled.

We were nearly thinking it was not worth it when we drove underneath part of the water falls.  The water was ice cold and felt like tiny stones raining on your skin. It seemed to last forever as your heart & mind gets lost in the beauty of the moment. I remember closing my eyes, turning my face to the sky with a smile. Heavenly. The water was sweet and refreshing. All too soon though I had to open my eyes again to reality.

We then took the train to the Devil´s Gorge. The most powerful part of the falls. The sound was a magnitude so strong it drowned out all the other voices that shared the view with you. My heart soared - how lucky Briel and I are that God shows us the world and all it´s splendor.

Not wanting the day to end, Briel and I walked all the way back to the exit to keep the feeling of nature near. It took 40min ast fast tempo.

An Amazing way to spend Valentines Day.

With Love, ciao for now!

Tags: Hallmark Moments

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.