Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Grand Canyon

USA | Sunday, 9 December 2007 | Views [688]

One of the seven wonders of the world and now we know why!  It was incredible.

We took a bus at 5.45 am from Vegas and headed off first to the Hoover Dam.  This in itself is an architechural marvel.  With it's curved walls and flexibilty according to the srength of the waters.  Was nice.  Although not so pretty.

We then moved on to the South Rim of the Canyon.  Watched a Imax nmovie on it.  The canyon was so large and deep it was awestriking.  We took loads of pics and video.  We saw it into the sunset.

The highest peak and wideest is what we got.  Hmm will have to go back when it is not snowing and freezing!

Originally we had intended to stya fir 5-6days,  Maybe taking in a Mule or walking trek in the base if the canyon.  Perhaps also raft down some of the rivers, do some camping with the native Americans that live on the reserve.  Maybe next time when we visit for the summer or spring.

Ciao for now!

Tags: Sightseeing

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.