Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Washington DC

USA | Sunday, 25 November 2007 | Views [448]

Met up with Rochelle and Chris in DC for a walk around.  We stopped off for food first as they had a nice late night ;-)... Briel tried an eggnog latte which he loved.  Unfortunately he was still burping it up 5 hours later which was a bit gross, but was apparently worth it.

Oh we were trying to borrow Hila's camera, of course we forgot it in the car, so dooghman (model) of us!  lucky rochelle bought hers!

As we approached the white house, we saw the presidential helicopters fly into the south side of the house.  The president hopped out and then he played with his dogs in the garden a bit with the security not far away.  Well it looked like him, but we were pretty far.  We like to think it was him hahaha dunno why we are not big fans.  The white house was designed by an Irish architech who based the house design on a building in Europe.  The house itself was changed, added onto and improved over the years.  Jackie Kennedy certainly left the biggest mark for the public.  She was the one that turned part of the rooms into a public museum.

We walked to the memorials, saw Abe Lincoln's memorial was magnificant.  His famous speech was engraved on the walls.  He sat there imposing ans rightous. 

The capitol Hill was glorious especially at night.  The lighting on the dome roof top really made it stand out and glow.

We checked out the "air & Space" museum.  The Natural history museum.  Great places to visit and free entrance!

Air & Space showed us one part of the rocket engine that blasts it into space - massive.  We also saw great memorbilia like Dorothy's ruby slippers from 1938 (wizard of oz), Louie Amstrong trumpet, Einstein's pipe, Carey Bradshaw's laptop, Mash signs, Jackie O's dress, Kermet the frog and so much more.

Natural History - we saw the fearsome dinosour bones, ancient people (ice man they found which is 5000 yrs old).  Wonderful blue diamonds, diamonds - the gems here were stunning.  From opals, crystals, gems, meteorites.  There was also the winners from the natural world photography show.  Wonderful pics. simply gorgeous.

We then ate a local diner.  Was quite yummy, but all fried for good health haha

Went home to Hila's to crash.  The next morning again went for Bagels and hot choclate at their "office"  they call it.  It's their fav place.  Great cheese bagel with sun driend tomato cheese spread.  THe hot chocolate was done great but it was a soup bowl size.  SUPERSIZE me! haha what is nuts is we are getting used to the nutty sizes here - ouch!

THen we rushed our way back to the bus stop to then head back to NYC. 

Ciao for now!

Tags: On the Road

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.