Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

London

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 16 November 2007 | Views [772]

Very much enjoying with Vanessa and Julian.  They are so fantastic.  Hopefully they will not be put off by us in the future... we turned their house upside down during the last week..

We did of course the typical English things, like go to the great specialty food markets, ate great Indian food, go to some great art galleries..  Dinners with friends.  Been a fun time.

In particular we went to the Time Museum and the Planetarium - these were fantasic.  Learned about Greenwich Mean Time and what it really means. The planets and galaxy etc.  It was a very hands on place, so loads of stuff to amuse even us big kids.  Fully worth the trip!

London is a very grand, organised city.  People are polite in service and the rules are the rules.  There is no discussion.... haha

Tip - use the Oyster card to save money on the tubes BUT make sure you know how to use them or you will get fined big penalties (haha we did!)

The cats get out of quarantine tomorrow - awesome!  They cost an arm and a leg to keep there - and we supplied them with their own food.  Nuts!  Charged us 200$ for 15min with the vet.  CRAZY!  SHelly will go get them, have lunch with the family and leave them with my parents!  Yippee the babies are out now!

Ciao for now!

Tags: People

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.