Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Hello London

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 10 November 2007 | Views [726]

We are arrived in London very late on Friday night.  We found a crazy ticket with Ryanair for 1cent each from Rome.  Now I guess we really paid for what we got hehe which was not too much.

The flight was of course delayed with the 'reasons' being weather and the fact that it just happened to be the day when most of Rome was on strike (metros, buses, trains) so apparently planes too... hehe one poor bloke had his flight cancelled at 8am in the morning, and was still hoping to catch a flight home to London at 9pm at night.  He did get on my flight, but I can't imagine the stress he went thru.

Then of course check-in was late to open by about 2 hours!  So the queue was SO long (although us arriving 3 hours early cuz we just thought to do it that way) meant we were 2nd in the queue!  Phew!

Then the flight was delayed, but was there ever any announcements OR any changes in the details on the screens, haha of course not hehehehe

To get on the plane was also a 'seret' ('movie') because there is no assigned seats, so it is a cat and dog fight to get ANY seat at all.  All I remember was that Briel and I got lucky that on the bus to take us to the plane, we were at the doors, which happened to be the ones that opened up to let us out.  Briel was then running like a mad max to the stairs to ensure that he was first ! hahaha

The final evidence that the flight cost 1cent was that the landing was one of the worst I have EVER experienced. We landed so hard, fast and with so much force thrown forward that I think I have whiplash!  I was seriously praying for safety and was praying for thanks when I was assured to be on the ground without injury!

Of course the fast trains from Standstead to London city we missed.  As there was so many others flights delayed that customs took forever to get thru (our bags were waiting for us!)... So we tried to take the bus, where the line was about 100meters long!  WHAT?!?!

Lukcy Briel found that a slightly more expensive bus was leaving in 5 minutes and there was no queue.  It was 2 punds more expensive than the other bus - man totally worth it!

Finally we got Liverpool STation where we met with our great friends Vanessa and Julian.  What a happy moment that was!  Now we are crashing at their place, which they are taking such good care of us!  Amazing people these two.

Lastly today we spent an easy day taste testing cheeses, sweets, jams, sausages, juices at this great market!  We met up with our delicious friend Cleston (who is my big brother of heart if you don't know).  It was another emotional reunion for so many reasons.

Anyway this is a giant blog entry (well internet is now free again haha) so with loads of love from us --- Ciao for now! xoxoxo

Tags: I should have known better!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.