Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Ciao Italy...

ITALY | Friday, 9 November 2007 | Views [1462]

Venice is really a very romantic tiny city.  With the tiny canals, walking streets (no cars, scooters etc).. it really is like a picture and perfect.  We would walk all day here enjoying the pretty views, good weather and the friendly people.

Out of all the Italian cities I have visited, this is the most tourist friendly.  It is the feeling you get, a friendliness that they are USED to seeing you around... hehe

Although we loved it in Venice, as the main centre if quite small, it is very easy to run out of things to do.  Hence the great pizza we kept eating and the bar we kept on visiting!  We watched loads of Italian football - which was awesome, I really appreciated the level of the game they were playing when it is a team that plays regularly together.  We would take afternoon naps, then head out again for an evening!  Has been great, but was time to move on.

So we left on the midnight train *Thursday* back for Rome.  Still out favourite city.  We sat by the colosseum for a few hours playing backgammon.. then say for a long time by Fountain De Trevi (our fav spots)... before flying to London.

General summary

Rome - favourite city.  It is SO gorgeous witht the old monuments, but it really feels like a big bustling city.  Plus the great cappacino and icecreams!

Napoli- Crazy, dirty - love it!  Best Pizzas!  still!

Florence - Pretty, I see why people love it.  However we were not as impressed with this city as the others.  I think the feeling we got was pretty unwelcoming here unlike in the others.  Dunno... we didn't like the place we stayed, the food was expensive and there seems to be a real air of arrogance here that was hard to like.  However we did meet a cute couple from the USA (Katerina and Joe from Houston)

Pisa - well worth the money and time to go and visit.  Charming charming charming

Venice - had romantic time but is really a place to travel if you have money to spend on resturants, gondala rides, accomodation etc... Otherwise it is nice, but it is realatively hard for backpackers like us.  However we did find our cheap eat and drinks... lucky...

Tags: Sightseeing

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.