Existing Member?

More Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness" Mark Twain

Affairs of the Heart

GERMANY | Friday, 29 November 2013 | Views [426]

The heart of the matter

The heart of the matter

Connie first noticed an irregular heartbeat, palpitations, while we were in Tunis.  Rather than take a chance with the Tunisian hospital she decided to wait a few days until we were in Europe, hence our visit to Ramstein Air Force Base and the US hospital in Landstuhl.

Retirees, understandably, take a backseat to those on active duty and their dependents when it comes to appointments and procedures so we spent a week in a holding pattern, as it were, hovering in the area.  We even had time for a trip to Switzerland.  The doctors didn’t seem overly concerned with her PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) but to be sure they did give Connie every test I’ve ever had, and then some, even a Holter monitor that recorded every beat of her heart for 24 hours, and echocardiogram and a full stress test.

We are pleased to report that the results were all in the normal range and she was given the green light to proceed.  It was a bit of a scare – we always assumed I would be the one to need the hospital – but we took the opportunity to get flu shots and refill prescriptions.

We are spending Thanksgiving with my nephew’s wife in Vilsek while Brett is in Afghanistan.  We even did the turkey thing yesterday, breasts only, but with all the trimmings and now are off to see the Christmas fairs.

 

About vagabondstoo

Easter Island, 2012

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.