Existing Member?

More Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness" Mark Twain

Back to Civilization

SOUTH AFRICA | Friday, 27 September 2013 | Views [668]

Horny rhino, iSimangaliso National Wetlands

Horny rhino, iSimangaliso National Wetlands

It's a pleasure to be back in South Africa.  Where things work (mostly) as advertised.  Where the people are friendly and a dollar goes a long way.  Where the skies are not cloudy... OK, I got carried away.  We had a marathon driving day on Tuesday - 600 km from Johannesburg to St. Lucia and the iSimangaliso Wetlands - but there was little traffic and we knew the route, sort of, since we were here just six weeks ago.  When we visited the park yesterday, the skies were not cloudy, much different than our last visit.  The birds and beasts were out in force including several of the park's famous rhinos, including one with a calf.

We have nearly finished planning - and booking - the rest of our African adventure.  We are set for five days in Kruger and have plane tickets from Jo'burg to Madagascar and onward to Tunisia.  We've approved an itinerary to visit all the major parks in Madagascar with a guide who specializes in birds and lemurs.  Planning so far in advance isn't something we are used to and it has given me a terrible headache.  Time for some good South African wine!

 

About vagabondstoo

Easter Island, 2012

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.