Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

Sat 29th Nov - Vladivostok

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Saturday, 29 November 2008 | Views [668]

Leave bag at hotel after morning on the internet at the business centre at the post office. Getting back up the hill and up to the fifth floor so that I could check out nearly killed me. Memo to self: stay in flat towns from now on. Treated myself to ham quiche and tea at the oasis that is 'Five O'clock Tea; (ul. Admirala Fokina) and recycled my Mandarin phrasebook and Beijing guide there. Picked up grub at Clever House department store and back to the net.

Afterwards walked down to the sea to see the Pacific Fleet but the superior but short guard wouldn't let me in. Walked and walked - so good to be able to walk after hotness of India. Dinner at the Italian cafe, petit pollo alla limone. Left tip it was so good. Flatscreen tv with Natalia Imbruglia. Photographed stretch limo - this isn't the Soviet Union any more. Picked up bag and got to the station for eight where there was the usdual confusion about what platform and when. Actually walked down to the train before 9 and was scolded by conductresses so had to trudge back to waiting room. Had fag outside and was amused by all the people arrivivng with dogs. All in pairs (the dogs) and strange and fierce breeds. Not so amused by the security guard kicking a beggar off the steps - then again, thanks, security guard.

On the train in plastkartny - hard class, which means no closed compartment but way cheap. Very, very tired after all that bracing sea air (apparently the sea there freezes over in winter)and not really amused by Russians who get on at later stop and are celebrating a girl's birthday. When they see I am awake they offer me drink and chocolate and drink and an orange and drink. I take the orange and wish her Happy Birthday and finally sleep like the dead.

Tags: dogs, guards, hills

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.