Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

1st - 2nd December - Khabarovsk

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Tuesday, 2 December 2008 | Views [934]

Sadly, there are no adventures to be had in Khabarovsk. The streets are wide and clean, the park closed, the centre is 3km across so a bit of a trek even down to the river which I decide to skip. It is bright, modern, clean, prosperous and dull. Or dull to me. Rather sorry I stopped off here.

Just a bad cold and a lot of walking seeing what there is to see. The market was fun; bought some serious Siberian fleece leggings as bum freezing. Also felt insoles as toes dropping off.  Lots of kiosks selling the same jackets and coats and one lady tells me that it is all Chinese stock and not good quality. Day brightened by finding Rothmans in a cigarette kiosk - which shows how dull K is. Bed at 10 after sumptuous feast of cheese and dried fruit.

Tuesday: Felt brighter after breakfast, packed and left bag at hotel for 50 R. There was a slight snowfall last night so above freezing and there is a pigeon taking advantage of the slight thaw to drink from a puddle. Greek salad lunch at Pizza place in Muryave-Amurskgo.

5.30pm. Get the train with no problems but fall into a profound sulk as been given aisle seat. Provodnista will not listen to my blandishments and outright begging so I am stuck with people walking past my face for two nights. Maybe I am so negative because have cold and temperature but this feels a lot more like hard work than fun. We are into some serious endurance now. However, there is a broad band of pink across the sky, the birch trees have started in earnest and night falls with a thud over Siberia.

Tags: negativity

 

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.