Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

Tues 4th Nov - KTM

NEPAL | Tuesday, 4 November 2008 | Views [385]

Lunch at the Roadside Cafe, cool and elegant with rattan blinds and Lavazza coffee. Humus and crudites. Just got back from Baluwater travel agency. No way to Tibet from Nepal as getting a visa is like getting one from iran, only worse. China to Nepal is poss, just not my way.

Fergus will be in Sam's at 7pm. Will buy him a beer. Long argument at hotel again over a/c charge. Paid but feel really stupid for a)making a fuss over 4 pounds and b)not standing my ground forever and waiting till they got tired.

Visit Boudanath Temple which is just what you want. Huge stupa, lots of monks and nuns, lots of little shops selling sacred items and kitsch, old people walking round and round twirling prayer wheels (clockwise). Bought manadal for C at Tushita Heaven and sobbed when he showed me one he had painted himself. Outside sat on a step and shared cigarette with tiger balm seller. Cab back to Thamel and pleasant walk home. Offered drugs on all sides. Later met Fergus and Ian and good talk at Sam's Bar. Not much sleep as pack of dogs barked and howled all night.

Tags: fergus, stupa

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.