Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

Thur 16th Oct -Yazd

IRAN | Thursday, 16 October 2008 | Views [502]

God, this Amir Kabir hostel is a dump! the man washing down the loos first thing is also the guy who makes the breakfast.

First H and his wife arrive with armful of presents, poetry by Hafez and others. Then P and her children and mum arrive to take me to the bus station. Not only that she books my seat and pays the fare and I cannot stop her. They have presents for me too - it is too much. really sorry to leave them Damn this short visa - I could stay in Esfahan forever.

I travel with Hamsafar to Yazd. 5 hours and not comfortable. Tea at Yazd bus station with old ex-Navy man who knows America well. Taxi to the Silk Road hotel but full and taken to sister establishment, the Orient. Built on the caravanserai model with rooms round a central courtyard, the Orient is stunning. Again with the rooftop terrace for meals and make some good friends.

Stayed up till 4.30 am talking with David, a pilot from England and Sami the waiter who has better English after 4 months than many native speakers.An Afghan refugee who uses words like 'invidious' and streptococcal'. David and I in state of wonder.

Tags: kindness of iranians

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Iran

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.