Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

whats up these days

CHINA | Sunday, 25 September 2011 | Views [600]

So in the last month, I have tripped to Zhengzhou, returned thankfully to Dalian, and have had my head down busy with work and uni work, trying to only go out three nights a week and doing well!

Seeing the friends I had in my last China trip was great, loved the feeling of welcome back, and the knowledge that I get to return to Dalian. The city itself here is very green, we have had loads of beautiful blue sky days and starry nights. Where I live is near the mountains, so it's spaced out with gardens and really nice to be away from the buzz in the center.

I still jump on the number 12 bus to get to Olympic Square where there is a huge cinema, underground mall and walmart, massive Parksons shop (where mainland cheese is sold in the supey downstairs)restaurants cafes bars and all that..Sunday is one favourite eve out I would say. At Brooklyn restaurant/bar owned by a friend from America ~excellent burgers, pizza, cookies and whiskey hehe.. A few friendly souls organise a quiz, its pretty fun, and a good mixed crowd, mostly foriegners and general goodcleanfun haha. So after its drinks at Pandora/Tranformers, and a peek at shooting stars when I finally get back to my apartment.


Uni work has been full on. Handed in a Research Report based on findings from an interview I did with two colleagues, asking about their experience learning English as a second language in China. I linked these with established theories of Second language acquisition processes common in China. That was Friday, work Saturday and Sunday *bamslam and the next one is due on the Wednesday, this a Case Study on a few aspects of my teaching language in China. Also arduous and nerve wracking!

Work itself has been mixed, had a few dumb days feeling like I am drowning in cultural difference, and others where students enjoy themselves and teachers are interacting and energetic too..doesn't help that I work with around 30 Chinese young women, and 2 young guys. hehe theres parts of the month where everyone is miserable!

So whats up, am going to Quiz tonight, next weekend is the start of National holiday here, so I have 10 days off, no plans and an Exam in Shanghai in about a month. So will ponder study and hopefully get round to it soon, in between work and fun of course.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.