Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Not much happening here

CHINA | Friday, 12 August 2011 | Views [337] | Comments [1]

I am sad to say life has slowed down again. In some ways I  am happy I can have a space all to myself, I can get creative with my work and spend time on my studies. I still have a ways to go to find the right kinda people I do things with regularly but I have managed to get out and about a bit over the last few weeks, meeting new people and dining in new places. The reality is I am feeling less spun out and positive lately which is the metaphorical breath of fresh air here in China.

I still look forward excessively which I know is a habit of mine that does wonders to distract me from the here and now. I spend an equal amount of time looking back at what I have done, and I can't say whether it makes me sad or happy, I do know it influences the future plans I am constantly devising.

Connecting back onto facebook doesnt help, in some ways maybe it does. I swing my imaginings from feeling like I can't wait to hit Aotearoa soil once again, make a nest and smooth down all these ruffled feathers, *blink* and the next minute I'm thinking about Italy, the connection I made there was important, I feel drawn back to see where it leads. *Blink* my heart clenches and I wistfully determine my next stop is back to Argentina and the rest of South America, this is one that has been rooted since 2004. *Blink* Nepal was truly next on my list, and I will go there before leaving Asia. *Blink* and what about the rest of Europe? Spain? I have to get there somehow if only for a few months, *blink* but seriously I need to focus on where I am NOW!

Comments

1

Hey! You seem to have forgotten to update this blog and there are no photos of Dalian. I'd like to hear some latest news because I happen to like Dalian so I'm wondering if you've finally settled in. :)

  Miss Sep 25, 2011 7:03 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.