Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

You Do What You Can

USA | Wednesday, 2 September 2020 | Views [268]

Just a Jab

Just a Jab

THE BRITS CALL THEM JABS—vaccinations, flu shots and the like.  So while the country waits for the sometime-in-the-future Covid-19 vaccine, Connie and I got the 2020 model flu shot at Walgreens.  Not only was it covered by Medicare, Walgreens applies a really cool bandaid on the site.  But no lollypops.  The jab won’t protect us from Covid but you gotta do what you can, right?

n

        Badge of Honor

Registered voters in Colorado—every single one, independent, republican or democrat—will receive a ballot in the mail, as they have since 2013.  Then they have the option of either mailing the ballot or personally delivering it into one of the 600+ ballot drop boxes around the state.  

nn

       Really, Really Red—Crimson even

We now, however, “live” in South Dakota—at least it’s our legal address—so once again we need absentee ballots.  So yesterday we downloaded applications for South Dakota absentee ballots, completed them, had them notarized at our bank and mailed them off—all this just to request an absentee ballot.  With all these hoops to jump through, it shouldn’t surprise you that SD is a Red state—bright Red, Crimson maybe—the governor, both senators and the single representative are all republicans.  Casting our votes will hardly impact the South Dakota’s 3 electoral votes but, to be redundant, you gotta do what you can, right?

v

               First step—request a ballot             

Don’t let the lies about vote-by-mail fraud put you off.  And if you believe that the Post Office may be complicit, vote early—but not often, as Trump suggested to North Carolinians today.

n

 

UPDATE:  Our first order of business in Florida was to update our shingles vaccine.  Once again Walgreens came to the rescue and while the technician was a s gentle as could be, be warned—the Shingrix jab hurts!  And we will need a second one in December.

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.