Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Colorado: Things Could Be Worse

USA | Monday, 6 April 2020 | Views [282]

This doesn't feel right!

This doesn't feel right!

WE SHOULD BE TOASTING OUR BUNS IN HAWAII.  Instead we’re sitting on our butts in a hotel in Colorado where it snowed on Friday.  But things could be worse . . . and they probably will be before they get better.  

bb

            We were supposed to be in Hawaii

Tim and Candice graciously agreed to accept our mail which had been collecting in South Dakota since October.  They wouldn’t exactly hand it to us — Candice after all is an MD and has an additional PhD in infectious diseases — but she did talk to Connie through the door.  Anyway, now we have enough medication to get us into 2021.   

m

                        Mail Call

bb

                    Drugs of the Rx Kind

Candice also gave us some cloth masks to wear.  I am not convinced that they filter out the little buggers but, like lapel pins and bumper stickers, it shows that you are aware of the issue.  They have the additional benefit of concealing your identity when you go to Walmart.

nn

                           The unknown shopper, Walmart

We’ve become comfortable in our hotel room but are looking forward to Wednesday when we move into our rented apartment.  This is our second try on AirB&B and we hope it goes better than the one in Hawaii did.  Besides the extra room we are excited about having an actual stove with an oven.  There is a limit to what you can cook on a 2-burner stove and I have pretty much exhausted my old camping recipes.  Now we, too, will have to queue up for toilet paper.

nn       m

                Pompton Lakes High School Class of '65, virtually                    

I am an admitted Luddite when it comes to technology.  I still don’t have a mobile phone and I refuse to text.  Even so, I joined in a teleconference with five friends from high school on Zoom yesterday.  IMHO the video component was pretty much wasted — none of us have aged all that well — but I enjoyed Betty and Debbie’s cameo appearances.  I’m happy to report that we are all weathering the storm, each in his own way, but I think I will skip any further “e-reunions.”  I would rather talk one-on-one without the video or send an email.  Old dogs, new tricks and all that.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.