Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Springbrook Farm

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 5 December 2006 | Views [614] | Comments [3]

I have now arrived at Springbrook Farm just outside Gympie in Queensland.  I am here with 5 other people, 2 Germans, 1 Dutch, and an American.  The weather is brilliant, sunshine from 5am till 7pm.  Yesterday we all wnet shopping for boot, shirts, and cowboy hats, so when we are all together on the farm we look like the new YMCA !!

Today we have been riding motorbikes, tractors, and quad bikes, and have had a real laugh. 

Despite what you all think the Germans do have a sense of humour !

Tomorrow is horse riding and working with cattle in the paddock.

I will put some photos of the cows, my pet calf, and the other people I am with. 

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Eddie 'Eastwood' Bird......

Looking forward to some pics Ed!

Take it easy, John

  John Sim Dec 5, 2006 8:42 PM

2

Gympie - do u get a mask on arrival.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying life and I bet the smile on your face nearly eclipses the cattle you are making friends with!

  Nigel Underwood Dec 6, 2006 3:33 AM

3

Hi Eddy
Great to hear you have arrived safely on the farm and that you are enjoying yourself and having fun with humans and the pet calf. So you have got all the gear now and should look the part so you are half. way there! Do let us know where your next farm is.
We are at Tockwith now and so I am sending this from Aj & Ms computer. Had a good day in Harrogate.
Scamp is here sniffing around so maybe she can smell Wanda. Looking forward to seeing some more photographs when you have time.
Take real good care Eddy and we eagerly await your next entry.

  Mum & Dad Dec 6, 2006 3:39 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.