Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Time to Fly Home

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 28 March 2008 | Views [428] | Comments [3]

Hello again, this will be our last entry on the blog as it is now time for us to fly home - what a shame!!!  We are currently back in Brisbane and our flight is at 8 o'clock this evening.  Just wanted to let you all know what a fantastic time we've had - Ed has done a brill job of planning and sorting everything out - I know we have given him a bit of stick but it really has been great.  He's managed to show us so much of this vast country in a relatively short space of time.  We now need to return home to give our livers a rest I think!!!  So all that remains to be said is 'CHEERS ED', & we'll see you when we get back.  LOL Andy & Mel xx

Comments

1

Well Well Well Australia must now face the task of recovering. The breweries will be on over time to replenish stocks and I guess Eddy will now be catching his breath after a job well done. Teasing aside Eddy - I think you sound to have done a brilliant job and you will all have such wonderful memories to look back on. You must feel pleased that all your planning and organising proved successful and I am sure you can add another string to your bow as an Independant Travel Rep. We are ofcourse looking forward to meeting Andy & Mel in Manchester tomorrow and unpacking the sunshine which we hope they have brought back in abundance. It is really cold and miserable here today so they will really feel the change of temperature when they land. Ms is ofcourse really excited and cannot wait to see Andy again.
They will be bound for Singapore as I write this and we do hope their journey goes well. Just glad they are not coming into our new all singing and dancing terminal five at Heathrow. It opened yesterday and chaos ensued - luggage left behind, flights cancelled, irate travellers - all the fun of the fair - welcome to Britain!
Have a good flight Andy and Mel. Cups of tea all the way Mel. Eddy you take good care and we hope to hear from you soon
With our love always Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Mar 28, 2008 9:22 PM

2

Hi Eddy
Andy and Mel have landed in Manchester safe and sound and very much on time. We were just pulling into the car park when Andy rang Ms to say - "where are you" They both look really well and surprisingly alert to say they have been on the go for so long. We had a good journey home and dropped Mel off at Farsides and then came home for a quick sandwich and a well deserved cup of tea. Andy & Ms have now headed back to Tockwith and a nice quiet weekend together.
We have had a quick look at one or two photographs and were pleased to see you looking so well and Andy says that you have had a brilliant time. Understand you are soon heading back to Jessievale to earn some money again. Do take care Eddy and hope to hear from you soon although I understand you are having problems with your phone. Sea water does not do them much good so lets hope it soon dries out.
They have not brought any sunshine home so please send it by Courier ASAP.
Lots of love Eddy Mum & Dad xxxxx

  Mum & Dad Mar 30, 2008 2:05 AM

3

Hi Ed
Thanks for the text message. Have you recovered from your holiday or do you need another to catch up with yourself! Today we have sunshine which is great and we have been busy outside most of the day.
Andy gave us your camera but we do not know what is wrong with it. I think we will have to borrow Andy's charger as we do not appear to have one. Any information which you can give us will be useful so we can take it to be repaired.
Have a good journey up to Cloncurry and hope to hear from you again soon.
Lots of love Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Mar 31, 2008 12:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.