Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

Niagara Falls

CANADA | Friday, 28 September 2007 | Views [204]

AWESOME!! It's oberused but it's the only  word you can use for the Falls. Unfortunately it’s been overcast, so the sky doesn’t give any contrast. But the volume of water is unbelievable.  After looking at the American Falls and going for a cruise on the Maid of the Mist, (a boat trip that goes right up to the Canadian Horseshoe Falls) I walked up to the Canadian Falls. Up there you get to stand beside the falls as they tumble over. The sheer volume and the speed that the water travels is awe inspiring, And a bit scary. You just hope that the fence stays put and that now is not the time for an earthquake. A thought that was generated  because in my hotel room the TV Cabinet was shaking for ages. I had to hold the doors to stop it. Was that the force of the falls – or an earth tremor?  It doesn’t bear thinking about when you are right next to it!

We couldn’t do the helicopter Flight1 (Insert grumpy face) It was too rainy/cloudy/windy and the helicopters were cancelled on safety grounds. Which was a bit of a disappointment – and also a relief. I confess I was nervous about it.

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.