Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

I (Heart) London

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 19 August 2013 | Views [403]

Back to London via Ryanair. Perhaps I don't need to expand on that!

I was looking forward to getting back to a country which understands the value of queues. But fate was not ready to leave me alone yet, so having arrived at Stanstead Airport the first two people I encountered were from my previous country. The first sold me a ticket on the Stanstead - Stratford bus - while simultaneously argueing (I think) with her boyfriend on the phone, and the second was having a meltdown because the mini-bus driver only had room for 3 people and she was in a party of 4. She was following the driver around, yelling in a language that he clearly didn't understand, and making motions that indicated that she wanted to slap him over the face. I was just wondering if I'd inadvertently taken the wrong flight when a British voice behind me said "Pity he doesn't just take the other three and leave her behind".

The attraction in London was, of course, friends and family. Matthew was still in London, and Luke and Kerstin back from their honeymoon. And finally some Grandma time with Ryan.

Firstly though, a visit (with Matthew this time) to my friends Helen and Chris, in Buckinghamshire. And a day together in Oxford, walking around the beautiful Baillol College; watching people punting on the river, and marvelling at the size of the bumblebees in the beautiful gardens - Helen's and Chris's garden included.

Matthew then left for home, and four glorious days of doing Ryan's Childcare. He chose this week to decide that he could walk unaided, and the joy on his face was magic! This trip was all about family - the best reason to travel.

So all that remained was the trip home. 24 hours in Singapore - mostly spent sleeping, and home! And shared memories to last forever.

 

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.