Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Perhentian Islands

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 7 July 2007 | Views [1262] | Comments [1]

Time to leave on the early boat...

Time to leave on the early boat...

OK, how's this for a moan.  I'm coming down with a cold, i woke up this morning with such a bad back that i could hardly move, (bad mattress, wrongly performed stretching, too long carrying the backpack, sitting all day on buses, being jolted by the 4x4 on night safaris, or all of the above), my shared bathroom scares me, i waited over an hour for my food order - I had to re-order it, and then they got the wrong one and the 50 minute fast boat turned into a 2 hour plus slow boat from hell.

Luckily these are two beautiful, lush, green islands with great diving, clear waters and fine white sands.  In my attempt to save money I'd booked flights to Borneo already and so I only got 3 nights on the island of Kecil (Malay for small).  I think subconsciously I was worried 3 nights would turn into 3 weeks.  I was right to be worried...I really didn't want to leave.  The diving was fantastic and i liked the people i was with.  It's quite typical that I get delayed on my journey to Kuala Lumpur and I miss my flight.  So much for saving money.

These aren't the easiest of islands to get to unless you fly and so it's no surprise that they are a really nice place to get away from it all, and enjoy a simple lifestyle for awhile.  There isn't a great deal to do...I should have stayed longer busy doing nothing.

Tags: diving, island

 

Comments

1

Let me know how you compare the diving there to the one in Thailand. And also, once you do Borneo, let me know which place you considered the best for diving.<br><br>Take care ... Shane: I'm off to Labuan next for some more wreck diving, and Sipadan hopefully within a couple of weeks - I'll let you know what i think...

  Marie Jul 14, 2007 2:17 AM

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.