Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Orihuela Costa and the end of Europe Leg 1

SPAIN | Monday, 15 January 2007 | Views [1023]

Our house!

Our house!

So I've been here over a week now and Xmas has come and gone.  It's strange to have gone from being completely free and independent to living with your parents - it's lucky we all get on.

My plans have already changed, i was pretty sure i was going to India next.  Getting a visa while in Spain but not living in Spain nor the UK and doing it over the Xmas period is not a good idea.  I'm going to Thailand instead - i don't need a visa there.  I shall be going via Germany, as that turns out to be cheapest. 

India will just have to wait.  I don't really have a guide book for Thailand or anywhere else in SE Asia - this could be interesting.


Over 3 months passed while on my west side of East Europe leg - I'm amazed at how quickly it has gone, and yet when i think back to when i was in Berlin or Poland it seems an age ago.  It has been a great experience.  I've met loads of people - some who i actually like :)  It's been good to put pictures to places - i now know where Albania is, i know what food they like to eat, what religions they typically are, what the country and the people look like and to some extent how they think.  I do have to remember that I've only had a whistle stop tour - I've never had more than 2 weeks in a country.  I've had lots of great experiences, I've seen some great things and i wish i'd done it all a long time ago.  It has been genearlly very easy though - yes numerous times I've ended up at night in the middle of seemingly nowhere with no map, but ive always found somewhere to sleep and eat.  This has been Europe not a third world country and what a great place it can be...

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.