Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Plitvice

CROATIA | Wednesday, 1 November 2006 | Views [914]

one of over 70 lakes

one of over 70 lakes

So i change my plans again - I'm missing out the whole of Slovenia (but vowing to come back). I wanted to go to Bled and the mountains there but really it's the wrong time of year (the weather has turned really cold), i cant get a ferry from Venice to Porec in Croatia which i really wanted to do and it would be hard for me to see Plitvice, and Plitvice is a place i really want to see.

The bus drops me off in the middle of seemingly nowhere with a Japanese couple who amazingly have less of a sense of direction than i do. we eventually find out way to the national park - a glorious mix of bright blue/green lakes and waterfalls all linked by small boats and buses to transport the weary tourist. i have a great 5 hours of walking - yes it's a very touristy set-up, but there are no tourists at this time of year. it was just a nice pleasant walk through some of the most beautiful scenery in Croatia.

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.