Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Split

CROATIA | Thursday, 2 November 2006 | Views [1008]

part of the harbour

part of the harbour

I continue my bus journey from Plitvice to Split, arriving very late and tired and proceeding to get completely lost in the rabbit warren of streets in the castle complex of Split. i have a rubbish map supplied by the LBP guide book, no where is open and the only local i ask tells me I'm somewhere I'm not. eventually i find my way, again to one of the few hostels in Split.

Even with my usual experience of getting lost i like this place. the castle complex; a maze of narrow interlinking streets that confuse even the locals is great. best of all - I'm by the sea again, and i love the water. i cant say that there is a lot here, but again the meeting of people and the hostel I'm staying at means i love it. i also know it sounds sad but there's a cafe that serves a great breakfast and a full mug of coffee that can pass for a healthy fry-up. a proper breakfast and a decent sized cup of coffee after 7 weeks of travelling is a welcome relief.

My original plan of staying two nights and island hopping soon changes after talking to one of the very nice hostel owners - the ferries just aren't running that regular. so my plan changes to 5 nights and going on day trips to some of the nearby islands. the rest of my time is spent mixing/chatting/going out with lots (too many it sometimes seems) people, walking around the town and eating 2 breakfasts a day.

i will try and take photo's of some of the people this time!

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.