Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Wrocław

POLAND | Sunday, 8 October 2006 | Views [1217] | Comments [1]

Main square in daylight from the other side

Main square in daylight from the other side

That's Vrotz-hauf to everybody here, and here is 4 hours by bus and 5 hours by train from Slavakia - ouch!  Is it worth all that time getting too...

no. 

Maybe because it's a Saturday night when i arrived, but straight away i didn't like it.  It's the first time I've been reminded I'm in a former Communist country and there was a palpable wave of edginess or violence in the air, it was like it could all kick off at any minute.  As with a lot of the cities in Poland it has basically been rebuilt since the war...but not very well.  The old town is nowhere near as nice as Warsaw's or Krakow's, and it was full of gangs of youths not knowing what to do with themselves.

In the daylight it improved somewhat, with a few nice green areas and interesting architecture + particularly the buildings.  i spent the morning doing my usual - getting lost.  I would buy an A-Z but all i could find was a Y-Z. 

I went into the national museum, but it was full of modern art.  grrrr and grrr. I never know whether to laugh or get angry - i suppose it is good it evokes a response. 

Bloody crap.

 

Comments

1

Just popped in for a quick look - impressive use of technology. Will read fully later in the week.
Cheers, Tone

  Tony Oct 9, 2006 7:42 PM

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.