Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Warsaw

POLAND | Sunday, 24 September 2006 | Views [1236] | Comments [1]

Palace of culture - a gift from the Russians

Palace of culture - a gift from the Russians

So I'm in the middle of a biker rally/annoy the cops days - i was just about to say how pleasant Poland was. I'm waiting for a train again - to Krakow, having left my bag (which I've named Bob) at the hotel. Yes hotel - i treated myself as it was near the train station and included all you can eat breakfast, and we all know i can eat a lot, especially when there is cake on the menu (and there was). There was also thick black sausages with kidney in and some meat dishes - that's the best description i can give; they were meat like, yummy, not.

I needed music last night so i committed that hideous crime of looking for an Irish bar. Lonely B****y Planet, i spent 40 mins wandering around as it wasn't where they said. I gave up and headed for the old town - the old town is fantastic. Seeing as most of Warsaw got destroyed in the war (80%?), they had a fair amount of rebuilding to do - they got it just right with the old town. Quaint, cobbled streets, multicoloured old looking houses with meandering little lanes and dinky little shops. Anyway, by fluke i found an Irish pub that had live music (yippee), i ordered a beer in my best Polish and got 3 large pints...the next thing i know it's 2 in the morning and I've spent all of my time laughing and chatting with a group of Polish - me speaking virtually no Polish and them speaking about a dozen words more in English. i now know the polish for i love you and f*** Off.
Obviously we had a lot to talk about (i just don't remember what!). You can't plan these things...

Warsaw is not what i expected, it's better looking for one, the people I've met are really friendly and the food is perfect for me: meat, meat, meat (when i can recognise it) and the odd bit of cake.

Time to go and collect Bob, hopefully he's lost some weight.

 

Comments

1

Keep up the entertaining journal,love reading it.x

  Ann Oct 4, 2006 12:21 AM

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.