Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Middle Earth

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 5 December 2007 | Views [863]

Wow, Weally?  Ironically it was pointing to the Chinese restaurant

Wow, Weally? Ironically it was pointing to the Chinese restaurant

Well - Wanaka, Queenstown and Te Anau.  The drive to Wanaka is one of the best I've ever done - simply spectacular.  I love the little town too - mountain vistas and a huge lake.  Queenstown is the adrenaline junkies centre of NZ.  Bungee, skydiving, paragliding, parasailing, handgliding, zorbing...all of which you can see safely sat at a table outside a cafe.  This is a town where you can find comfort with other nutters...or not.  It's an expanding yet nice looking place, with yet another lake and mountain vistas.  
We visit Queenstown a few times but only on our way to somewhere else.

Te Anau is where we end up basing ourselves for a few nights, it's in a good location for some of the walks and the Sounds, and we really like the feel of the place and it's choice of restaurants.  It's yet another lovely, picturesque place that competes with Wanaka for my favourite south island town.

We'll be back and forth between all of these places... 

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.