Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Israel after Cyprus

ISRAEL | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [1051]

Our final day In Cyprus was spent in this little town with lace as the key tourist attraction and expense.  We then had dinner in Lafraca in a resturant in the mountains- gorgeous.  We at SO much, when we thought we couldn't eat anymore they brought out MORE food which was SO delicious you HAD to eat it - hmm hehe... All this for 7 pounds!  Laughing!

Israel after cyprus was just as hectic if not MORE.  The logistics of travelling with everyone was painful, tiring and exhausting.  BUT what a ball we all had together.

We started off in the our favourite beach - Metzitzim  with our friends.  We enjyed a few hours in the sun with the relaxed pretty beach.  There was not a wave in sight - as opposed to the beach in Cyprus which we could barely stand in!  hehe but also fun!

We then had Roshashanna dinner with Briel's family and sisters in-laws.  Delicious food again - after all the food we were champions for eating MORE hehe

That night we said our farewells to my sister.  :-(

The next day we found ourselves a mini van and headed out for some camping in the Dead Sea.  My parents never camped before but they enjoyed and had a great time!  Troppers they are!  We then woke up at 4am to climb the Masada for the sunrise - AMAZING. 

We then went for a relaxing dip in the Dead Sea with my mother screaming in delight and fear!  Floating around was pure heaven.  The water so smooth and warm.  Everyone did the MUD of course... ehehe funny sight THAT was!

We then headed for the afternoon to Jeruselum.  We did the church, the wall, the markets..  I think the Church was moving for everyone, I saw tears in Gina and then I couldn't hold back!

We camped that night in the Kineret - the Galilee Sea.  Woke up to a gorgeous day with again delious but cool water.  No floating without trying here but it was fun.  We woke up at exactly 8am to a dog alarm... hehe he was trained to wake us up by the camp owner as they wasnted to mow the lawns hehe funny NOT  hihi

THen we did a nice walk thru the Golan height a bit with a dip in freezing cold little water fall.  THAT was an adrenaline rush to swim in that pool.  At first only GEz and Briel went in as it was too cold.  Nut they Briel said "you know we probably will never come to this specific spot again so you will never experience this water fall" that got me.  I looked at Fed, he said "I will if you will" and down we went for a freezing dip.  Standing under the power of the waterfall was a rush.  For sure worth the cold!

That late night we said our goodbyes to Shelly, Gez, Fed, Izhar, Laila... :-(

The next day Gina went on to her world trip :-(

We then took my parents to see Qesaria - the gorgeous place where Briel proposed.  They loved it there.  We actually did the tour and learned so much history because of it!  It was pretty and we had yummy lunch!

That night we met up with Andrea and Goli in the Azrieli mall.  That was fun shopping! hehe

Wednesday my parents went to Bethleham.  We spent a few hours shopping in Carmel markets with Deda and Goli. They bought a new camera! 

After a great home cooked amazing dinner with Briel's parents.. it was time to say goodbyes to my parents, Deda and Goli :-(

The next day was relaxed, but I missed them all.  I had the best wedding for a month!  It was really coming to a close with everyone leaving and it made me feel empty for a while.

Thank you everyone who came to Cyprus and to Israel.  You made it so special for Briel and I.  Your the best friends and family we could ask for.  In the vows  said I choose Briel as my partner.  However I choose all of you FOREVER also as my family.

Tags: Adventures

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Israel

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.