Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Abie's Birthday

ISRAEL | Friday, 24 August 2007 | Views [1211]

The Tandam bikes!

The Tandam bikes!

Well I had my 32nd birthday.  At first I was a bit depressed at turning 32, but Briel was there as always to remind me of how great life is and how lucky I really am.

Also I wondered, how could this years birthday be better than last years when Briel proposed?  Well you just can't compare the two and I did end up having a ball...(link to last year's proposal story --> http://cuteaspi.spaces.live.com/  )

We started the day at Max Brener. We ate a delicious Israeli breakfast which was all homemade jams, spreads so really was special.  Then we shared a "Sharing for 2" chocolate insanity (You can read about these in my food updates).  It was so good but so rich I was over full!

Next we took a long walk on the pier and over the main park in Tel Aviv.  The park is about 10KM in length and has so many great spots for sport, swimming, relaxing.  We walked the park and we came across the paddle boats.  That was great so we mucked around on that for a while, getting ourselves stuck on the shore sometimes - of course! 

After we checked out an outdoor/but man made rock climbing in the park.  Looked great but with the heat, the food and the boating - we were tired!  So we found a soft grassy patch under a tree and promptly took a nap.  Felt great to be shade with a slight breeze.

On waking up we tried to do the climbing, but there was no climbing shoes that fit Briel so we decided not to do it.  What a great bump in the day that was.  We walked back to the pier and we decided to hire a tandam bicycle.  That was AWESOME.  We both have never done that.  So then we took the bike and cycled all around the entire park.  That was such a relaxing pleasure. I can't describe how fantastic it was. Everyone should try this!

We ended the day with a nice walk along the pier towards home.  Had dinner with Briel's family where they had MORE chocolate for me - AUGH was so yummy I couldn't help but have some.  There was a melting chocolate fountain thingy hmmmmm... was really heaven!

Tags: Hallmark Moments

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Israel

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.