Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Amman-Jordan airport

GERMANY | Tuesday, 7 October 2008 | Views [1303]

Yes the next few blgs will be about airports!  Having not been keeping up to date on the stuff I am up too, the airports are what I remember the best!

I had a 15hour stop over in Amman airport.  As much I wanted to go around and visit places in Jordan like Petra, I was just too tired already from all the travel.  Although a part of me still lights up at the idea of a new adventure and new place.

Anyway I expected another horried long boring wait at an airport.  What a surprise we got when as we exited the plane, we got our passports stamped and then we were ushered onto a bus and to a hotel.  We kind of boared the bus and went to the hotel in a shocked daze not really understanding what was happening.

Now worry sets in.  We're backpackers.  We cannot afford a stay in a fancy hotel.  we were greeted with smiles and friendly people who then adivsed us that the hotel room was complimentary.  We each could get a private room with cable tv and hot showers.  Now along side that, every meal that you were in the hotel for, you could go to - for free.  It was a buffet!  YUMMO  They even give you water and fruit juice.  One girl her stop over was only for 5 hours and they gave her the same thing also.

WOW what a nice surprice.  After a day travelling from HKG, Bangkok and now to here - we were gifted with this!  COOL!  What made it even better was the room was pleasant, clean, the food was delicious and the staff were so nice!

Apparently you get this service with Royal Jordanian Airlines only.  WOW I wouldn't mind flying with them again one day.

The most interesting thing that happened there though was that when we were checking in they ask you the normal questions to fill in like: name, address, passport no etc etc.... however what made me giggle since I have never been asked this before in my life was "No. of wives"  with you.  I know it is so silly of me to giggle, it makes complete sense after all for this country and it's religion.  Just when I think I am experienced with the ways of the world.  I am kindly reminded that I still have so much to learn, experience and there is still so much of the world out there I have yet to explore.

Anyway ciao for now!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.