Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Forbidden City

CHINA | Tuesday, 30 September 2008 | Views [1435] | Comments [1]

After taking a long nap we headed to the busy busy Tianmen sq as the Forbidden City (Palace) is nearby.  There is ALOT more people in the city at the moment, it seemed the whole country travelled to Beijing to celebrate Independence Day.  We could barely move as tried to walk around the sqaure, we walked like sardines.  I don't think I have seen so many people in my life in a city.  However as full as it was, there was a sense of control and organisation.

The forbidden city (Summer Palace) costs 80RBD to get in (half for students).  The grounds are pretty large, the detail on the palace rooftops and walls were pretty.  The whole layout was grand and beautiful.  With little pretty alleyways, many gates within the walls to protect the inner palace further.  Was stunning.

The gardens would have been a ahven for peace and tranquility.  It is a shame that most of the inside of the palace is a museum now and doesn't whoe what it would have looked like when emperors and empresses lived here.  The information was great though.

Definately worth a visit.

Ciao for now.

Tags: forbidden city

Comments

1

this is very nice to listen. it should with clear zoomed pictures and it should be more history thats king and about how they strugled for that

  t harsh vardahan Dec 31, 2009 4:50 PM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.