Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Day 10 - Tarapani : Hot Waters

NEPAL | Thursday, 31 July 2008 | Views [884]

We headed for Tarapani today.  This place means Hot Waters which is referring to the hot springs which are in the village.

The trek was mostly easy, however there was a very memorable bridge crossing - where even Briel's heart was pumping hard since it didn't seem so stable and it was over a raging crazy strong muddy river.  When we saw it it was all thick brown, but usually it is crystal blue - the mud slides have been many and strong though... hence the colour.

Then after crossing the bridge there was many landslides, so there was no road anymore.  We had to cross over the top of the rock slides. Which were scary since it was over a 50m cliffside to the crazy rocky river.  I didn't want to fall!

However all was good and we spent the afternoon enjoying in the hot springs.  The Hot Springs cost 25rup per person (tourist) and 5 rup for Nepalee... so you need to bring cash with you.

This place did have some view of the mountain and was pretty nice in general.

Ciao for now...

Tags: tarapani

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.