Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Buktaphur - the Forbidden City

NEPAL | Tuesday, 15 July 2008 | Views [819]

Well that is at least what we call it!  This is an ancient city about 1 hour bus ride from Kathmandu.  You can reach this place by local bus (go to the local bus station near Thamel)... The cost is 20 ruppee a person.

The bus ridde was the same exciting ride as always with people crammed altogether really tight - lucky we got a seat on the bus so we were not too squashed in.  Plus near a window!

We got there and started to get excited with the ancient city.. We could see the walls in the distance - just a short walk away.

As we got close though - too our horror we saw that to just view the old city cost a fee.  Free for Nepali... 50 ruppee for Indian-China... the rest is 750 ruppe~!!!!!  YIKES that is a shock!

Not only was it appalling that we are to pay 15 times higher than other tourists... BUT ofcourse we weren't told of this fee before - so we didn't have this money on us. 

So sadly that is why Buktapur will forever remain the Forbidden City to Briel and I.

Damn that s*cks!

Oh well....

Tags: buhktapur

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.