Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Elephant Riding in Pai

THAILAND | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [2280]

Greedy elephant wanting more fruit!

Greedy elephant wanting more fruit!

This morning I went on an elephant ride.  I haven't even seen one that close up (they are pretty far in zoos) so this was a treat indeed.  Even before the ride the elephants were playful and naugthy.  ALways trying to steal food and being curious about you.  I was caught up in a bit of a arm wrestle with one which ofcourse I lost.  I barely made it out with my arm in tact hahaha.

The ride was great.  Of course they choose the biggest elephant for me.  I rode around with the guides on the elephant with me which was reassuring as I was holding on for dear life - I didn't expect that.  Its just you are so high up!  You ride thru the country side, then they take you to the river for a bit of a play.  Here the elephant shakes slowly BUT you fall off ALOT.  They squirt you with water from the trunk. It is all pretty fun.  Though at the time I was screaming for it to all end!

This is for an hour which can cost you 300-500 baht depending on which elephant camp you pick.  You don't need to book this from a tour agency - only need to ride thru the road with the camps.  Easy to get to by scooter.  They offer discounts for more than one person.

Bringing a swimsuit is advisable!

Ciao for now

Tags: elephant riding

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.