Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

INCA cities around!

PERU | Saturday, 22 March 2008 | Views [1576]

What was amazing in and around Cusco was that there were many cities that were built by the Incas.  In some cases they were nearly as well preserved and gorgeous as Machupicchu or in others the modern people built the new city on top of the foundations of the INCA structures.

It certainly was worth to go and see as much as we could.  It is only a shame we couldn't see them all.  The other sites are:

Sachywaman, Ollantaytambo, Pisaq, Chincero, Urabama - at least these are what we got to see.  We did some by horsebacking, some as a tour of the Sacred Valley area for 18SOL each.  This was a funny day, where they took us to luch for 15SOL a person for buffett.  Now this is pretty cheap, but not like the cheap we are used to.  So we ran away for 45 minutes and looked for a local place that had our normal menu of fish, soup, rice, salad and drink for 5 SOL. Much better!  At first I though why should they take us somewhere so fancy and expensive, but we have to remember that not all people are comfortable with eating locally.  Sometimes it looks very poor but the food is great.  I had no problems with the food.  However not everyone is this open and the tour people know this.

So I guess they were right, I just didn't want to eat for so expensive!

The horse back riding day was funny too.  We had little short horses that we were nearly taller than.  My horse was a bit lazy and wanted to eat all day.  Briels wanted to overtake mine always.  It was pretty relaxing and fun - especially since I could see what I was doing for the first time - before couldn't see without glasses or contacts so horses scared the life out of me!

There is so much to do in the area.  We stayed 12 days and felt we could stay so much more just for the area alone.  We loved that we took our time.  Next time we want to see more of other parts of Peru.  But with our current time limit we thought we would fucos on this alone.  Worth it indeed.

Ciao for now!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.