Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Brazil internal flights

BRAZIL | Friday, 18 January 2008 | Views [2554] | Comments [3]

Internal flights are quite expensive.  The main options you have are TAM, Varig and Gol.  Gol is supposed to be the new cheap airlines all over Brazil but the prices are not significantly lower than the others.  There was an offer while still abroad to buy 4 flights for $900-1000USD approx, which seemed expensive and we didn't think we would use these many flights.

However if your stay here is limited to about a month like us, it is not always viable to catch the buses which can have a lot of traffic and can take more than 24hours from Sao Paulo to Salvador.  The thing is Brazil is SO beautiful that you will want to see as much as you can, but unless money is free flowing or you have plently of time (like 5 months) then you will need to make some hard choices of what you see and what you don't see.

For example, the cost for flying from Rio to Manau and return is 700-800USD which is just 2 flights.  So I recommend you take the 4 flight deal as it is real and not just some scam to get more business.

Due to this we had to cancel the idea of going to salvador and the Amazonas.  A real shame as it was something we really wanted to do.  However as our friends reminded us, perhaps this is not the time - there is always next time when we come to Brazil and who knows - maybe they can join us.

Instead we are off to Rio now to spend a week there.  Wish us luck and safety!

Ciao for now!

Tags: Travel Tips

Comments

1

hope you had a great time in rio guys! you're adventures sounds amazing - miss you heaps xxxxxx

  shelley Jan 28, 2008 3:19 PM

2

Guys !! what a trip you are having !!
btw..I shall be in Rio as of Feb the 2nd ..I am coming for the carnivals!!!
will you two be there ??

  Inaki Jan 29, 2008 10:31 PM

3

I am going to Brazi the places i will be visiting is Rio, but i need to get to Brazillia and them may be even San Paolo.

its not just for fun i am going to see a spiritual healer called John of God he lives somewhere near Brazilla...

i will be flying in from LA to Rio, i will need to make my way to Brazillia.. and then i want to spend some time in Rio will 5 nights be enough in Rio. then i may need to fly out from San Poaol back to Dubai which is where i live.
andy good advice on where to stay in Rio.

thanks.

  Emilia May 23, 2008 12:55 AM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.