Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Ducks vs Colarado!

USA | Wednesday, 19 December 2007 | Views [838] | Comments [1]

Ducks win!

Ducks win!

Fed treated us to a Hockey game! Anaheim Ducks vs Colarado!  Although we had nearly the nosebleed seats, it was not a big stdium so we were in great position to see the puck and plays made. Centre ice!  THere are 3 periods in the match!

First period we see the scores at 0:0 to finish even though Ducks did have a "Power Play" opportunity.  THis is when a player from other side is sent to the penalty box for a time and so they are down one man.

In the second period we see Colarado find a space in the Ducks defence to score a shocking goal.  SHocking because the amount of shots at goal is 3:1 and DUcks bascially have major possession of the puck.  Here we see the Ducks frustration build as a fight breaks out sending the crowd wild!  THe refs step back to allow the fight, each getting some nice 'shiners' from the scuffle.

To the crowd cheering "Lets go Ducks" in the 3rd period, the Ducks level it all out to 1:1 - The crowd goes insane. THe 3 of us jump screaming nearly losing our voices!

With another pwer play in the 3rd period to Ducks, they try desparately to take the win!  As the final time closes - we nearly get it thru - to no avail.  THe crowd groans as we see the countdown to take the game into overtime period.

Overtime is for 5 minutes.  There is a "golden Goal" rule, so first to score wins.  The fight is on.  Ducks are scrambling and forcing the plays.  Our hearts stop in fear as Colarado forces a gap.  BAM - the puck flies - YES - the Ducks defence prevails.  WE sigh in relief.

Ducks control the puck again, swerving, passing, looking for the opening.  FOrcing the play.... at 1.29 min to go the crowd stands!  THey take the shot!  We scream!  We Score!  We Win!

Fed, Briel and I are on an adrenaline rush!  We jumping like any other fan.  Only this is our first ever game.  We love it!

Ciao for now!

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

hahahaha great photo guys! loving it! wish i was with yas! all our love! always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  shelley Dec 21, 2007 7:53 AM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.