Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Aquarium

USA | Tuesday, 4 December 2007 | Views [612]

We took Mitzy out of school early today.  Then headed out to the Aquarium in the city centre. Cost is 17USD for locals and 23 for non locals. However since Tito Erwin is a local we all got that price.

We got to see some great animals, Briel and I patted a tiny Garden Snake.  It felt dru and weavey - like a woven basket.  I thought it would feel scaley and slimy - nope!  The cute little thing shivered in a bit of fright but was general good.

We saw a dolphin show where they sho us how they work with the anmails to put on a show.  The tricks they perform are games that the Dolphins already play, humans just find a way to communicate with them so that they go anddo it!  Usually by making it a gameand giving positive rewards like - fish, cuddles, water mist in the mouth, pats - the dolphons love it.

What the trainer also adviced was that the learning was 2 way, sometimes the dolphins show us something interesting and is 'freestyling'  - there is no right and wrong, the dolphins can choose to play or not!  One dolphine for example didn't want to play with the trainer but was more interested in seeing what the other dolphins were up to - this is also okay!

We saw some penguins, seahorses, fish, frogs, the list goes on.  It was a fun day out.

After we headed for some dinner in a chinese place - GREAT food here.  My fortune cookie was "a new pair of shoes would do you good"  hahaha I loved it.

The news says tonight will be a snow storm of 6 inches. So tomorrow is laundry day and computer/movies day!

Ciao for now...

Tags: Sightseeing

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.